What is the BYU Organ Workshop?
The BYU Organ Workshop is an intensive five-day program designed for organ skill-building at all levels. The workshop includes activities beginning on Monday, August 5th, with classes held throughout the day, Tuesday through Friday, August 6th-9th.
- In-person – access to all courses including on-campus and online
- Online only – access to all online courses
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced organist, the workshop has much in store for you!
- Enhance your organ-playing skills for your own enjoyment, for church service, or for teaching.
- Discover and improve your talents and proficiency as you learn valuable techniques and tips from skilled instructors.
- Develop your own organ-playing proficiency as well as acquire key pedagogical skills for teaching.
- Study with faculty members who are capable and talented organists with years of experience.
- Field Trip to Salt Lake City
- Organ music and technique at all levels
- Hymn playing beginning to advanced
- Organ pedaling beginning to intermediate
- Using the best stops for the occasion
- Music theory at six levels
- Play for or attend masterclasses
- Private instruction and supervised practice
- Organ crawls and Q&A sessions
- Instructor recital and hymn sing
The BYU Organ Workshop is an extension of the Workshop on Church Music, which ran at BYU between 1979 and 1999. The BYU Organ Workshop started as its own program in 2002 and is in its 23rd year of operation.